Wednesday, June 13, 2007

VICTORY!!!


I won the $1K Super Tuesday tournament on Stars for $75K! Basically I got all-in dominated a lot and drew out, and then eventually I got my act together and started playing well at the end, and also made some hands to make a huge comeback after I had bluffed off a lot of chips at the beginning of the final table. This is easily my biggest tournament score so far, but with the $5K NL starting tomorrow and other WSOP events I'm hopeful that won't be the case for too long! In other news, I was talking to Ryan Daut at dinner last night and he mentioned taht a friend of his had been ahving a lot of success shortstacking 200/400 PLO on Full Tilt (mostly against Gus Hansen because as Matusow constantly tells the entire tournament room, he is supposedly the worst Omaha player ever). Anyways, being the degenerate high stakes shortstacker that I am I decided to try it out and see what happens. What I learned: Gettting 4-outed on the river for $28K sucks.

OK time to get some sleep for tomorrow.

Mike

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome!!! Congrats Watts. I hope this is the start of a big run for you in Vegas!

Cadillac

Schaubs said...

Wow! That is awesome man. I just found your blog through Fuel's. Great work.

Anonymous said...

Congrats Wats!!! Maybe now I'll tell Max you said "wut up!"

Chris