Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Day 2 Report

OK hand from day 2, today didn't go very well.

Hand 1 - 500/1000 a100. Raise AKss in MP to 3K, Choron calls in SB. Flop A62cc, I bet 5K he CR to 18K I call planning to move in over a turn bet. Turn 3, he checks I decide to check behind. River J he shoves for 55K or something, more than the pot. His line makes no sense, I figured there was no way he could possibly be bluffing because it's the worst line for a bluff ever and no decent player would ever take this line as a bluff (I always have an ace and he's really not representing much that should scare an ace). Seemed like his AJ got there or something so I folded and he tabled KTdd. Oops 6 levels of thinking too much there. Anyways my main point I was trying to get accross about this hand was that if I knew anything about how he actually played (he immediately ran another weird bluff after this and got caught) I would obviously have beat him into the pot. Obv nothing personal, I'm an asshole etc...

Hand 2 - This hand is as hilarious as it is poorly played. Folds to CO who raises to 4K. I'm already pretty sure this guy is the type that this means he has a pretty big hand. I have AsKc on the button though so whatever I make it 14K. He calls with 31K behind. Flop Ts7s4c and he bets 13K. I'm pretty sure I always have 2 live overs and the backdoor nut flush which isn't awful and live players do weird things like ignore pot odds and make ridiculous folds so I figure I might actually get him off of 99 or 88 and shove since I obv can't be bluffing for only 18K more. He actually thinks for 30 seconds before calling with QQ. wtf?

Hand 3 - I have like 27K now and open to 3K with KK in EP. SB calls and we see a QJJ flop. I decide to check behind and the turn is a deuce. He bets 10K and I move in for 14K more and get called by KQ.

Hand 4 - There's a limper in EP and te guy two seats behind him raises to 5200 with 25K more beind at 600/1200 a200. I find AKo in the SB and kinda want to fold but I go ahead and reraise to 16K. Limper folds, he moves in, I call and lose to AA. I lost so many chips with AK this tournament it's ridiculous.

Hand 5 - 800/1600 a200. Now I'm short again and move in over an EP raise to 4800 with JJ. He thinks for a bit and decides to gamble with 44 because my raise is only like 20K more. Door card on the flop is a 4. Oh well GG main event. Oh hello there J on turn. But it gives him a flush draw which I miraculously dodge.

Hand 6- I basically blinded off a bunch o chips except for the times I moved in with J7o over a limp and 42o over a raise due to raise sizing tells. Last hand before dinner break I had just called clock on some guy trying to stall into dinner break because our table was next to break and he'd miss his BB. Now it's his BB and I raise with 44 in the HJ to 4600. The SB moves allin pretty fast and I really think he's weak making a play before the break given the circumstances (I had stacked up raising chips then thought better of it and mucked my hand on the last hand before the previous break also sort of giving away my move). I was only getting like 1.4:1 but I deicded to gamble and call. He had AQ and beat me.

Bellagio Cup main event tomorrow, $10K WPT event. This will be my last big tournament for this Vegas trip. I've had more than enough live poker at this point, tournaments in particular are so tedious live, but I do like playing at the Bellagio. Seriously, the Bellagio tournament buy-in is $10000 + 300. The WSOP main event is $9400 + 600. The Bellagio dealers and service in general is so much better, and being able to go out on the Fontana balcony on break and watch the fountain show and such is awesome. Sleepy time,

Mike

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah shit, that's a true hero fold man...Im sorry I did that to you!

The river bet was more like 40k wasn't it since i began the hand with 64k or so...(making it 18k on the flop + calling your flop bet)

I didn't mean to fuck up your tourney at all and didn't think you were as strong as AK...

do you really think im that terrible? If so, I might have to agree as displayed by my KK call (was fucking brutal no doubt) especially after i called out his set so obviously...

Anonymous said...

best of luck tomorrow: i hope you run well and don't run into any jerk offs man...

Anonymous said...

ps the show was much less for you and more for the table(sorry i did it)

actyper said...

gg man

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure I follow. Perhaps You've explained it already by saying you were thinking too deep.

If you have him pegged as a decent player and not a maniac, Do you think your check will induce a bluff from a good player, who is aware you're good?

You induced a huge bluff, but a street later then intended. Hindsight from donkass anon blog readers is 20/20. I'm not sure why you didn't lead out here?

I don't know if you answer dumb questions...You gave him a free shot to hit 2 pair or a set. I don't get it.

Mike said...

Betting the turn is probably fine, but I think I'm more likely to get a bet paid off by a worse ace on the river than on the turn and he rarely has a lot of outs. I guess with the flush draw out there it's pretty close and I can definitely induce some bluffs on the river, I just wouldn't expect him to fire such a big bet. I also prboably call a lot of river cards anyways, the J is kind of bad because AJ sort of makes sense. There's prboably so much in the pot by the turn that betting might be better.