Thursday, June 12, 2008

I am an idiot

Scott Freeman Eliminates Michael Watson

Michael Watson raised to 4,440 and Scott Freeman called from the cutoff. Both players checked the {A-Diamonds} {8-Diamonds} {5-Diamonds} flop, and when the {7-Hearts} turned Watson bet 7,200 and Freeman called. When the {6-Diamonds} fell on the river Watson checked, Freeman bet 10,500, and Watson moved all in for his last 22,800. Freeman turned over {A-Hearts} {Q-Diamonds} to Watson's {K-Spades} {K-Hearts}, and Watson was eliminated. Freeman now has 142,000.

There is actually a small amount of logic to the river bluff. I'm almost certain he never has a king in his hand when he flat calls preflop, or at least extremely unlikely (KdQd or KdKc are about the only possibilities). And it would clearly be suicide for me to ever be bluffing here. Checkraising all-in for a minraise is completely retarded as a bluff. I'm pretty sure he almost always has the Qd or Jd but I *might* be able to get him to fold because I *can't* be bluffing, but my line makes no sense. Why would I ever checkraise the river with the nuts with < pot left, and he's getting 675:1 on the call. Anyways I'm gone for the weekend, back for the $2500 NL 6-max on Monday. I'm going to start updating a little less regularly because most of the tourney reports have got to be as boring for you to read as they are for me to write. Just assume I lost a few grand every day if I don't write anything to say otherwise.

Mike

No comments: