Monday, January 22, 2007

Quick Sunday Report

Hey all, not much luck in the tournaments tonight. I final tabled the UB 100r again but finished either 7th or 8th, I forget. I also had one small cash. On the plus side cash games ahve been going really well lately. I've moved back up to 5/10 with good results so far, and I took another shot at shortstacking 25/50 NL on Stars this weekend. This time I actually ran good and made a quick $7500 in 200 hands. I don't plan to make a habit of this because the swings are ridiculous, but it's definitely profitable for me. I'm better off playing 5/10 though with a full stack and getting better at that. I'm basically planning to only play poker on weekends for a while because I have to get my thesis done this term and I'm behind where I need to be. I'm sure I will make exceptions for the occasional cash session when I need a break, or possibly playing tournaments one weeknight some weeks if things are going well with school. Finally, HUGE props to my buddy "gobboboy" for finishing 2nd in the Aussie Millions tournament in Melbourne for 1 million Australian dollars ($800K US). Also, congratulations to certain friends of mine who bought a nice piece of his action. OK I'm off, I'll probably keep doing the Sunday updates thing throughout the term, at least when something interesting happens.

Mike

No comments: