Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Back Home!

Update!: Checkout my poker commentating debut. TwoRags has posted a couple clips from the live $1000 sit and go we played in LA back in January.

Nath vs. Vivek


Jose Canseco bluffs Serge

Well I'm back home in St. John's for the next week. Saturday was my 24th birthday so between that and the fact I'd been on the road for 3 weeks already in Europe I decided to skip the WPT Championship 25K event. I'm actually not planning to play any more live events until the end of May when I'm making the move to Vegas for a month and a half again for the World Series of Poker. Last year I was extremely burnt out from poker by the end of the series so this year I'm going to try to do a few things different to avoid that including taking the next month off from live poker.

I haven't played much poker in the last week or so. I busted out of the 2K euro event in Monte Carlo pretty quickly and then spent most of the rest of the trip drinking in the player's lounge. PokerStars really did an amazing job with this. The player's lounge had free drinks: water, coke, redbull, and beer. It had a wii and a PS3 set up on big LCD screens, as well as a foosball table and a couple laptops set up in the battleship format to play heads-up against each other or often some of the Team PokerStars pros. Considering the prices for drinks throughout the rest of Monaco (20E+ at the hot local night club) hanging around there was a pretty popular option amongst the players when there wasn't much else on the go, and it's really pretty incredible of them to treat their players so well.

Finally, I promised pictures from the trip so here are a few. I only have pics from Pisa on my camera at the moment, I'll see if anyone else has some from Florence or Monte Carlo that I can steal.


The Cathedral.


The leaning tower obviously.



Me at the top of the tower with the cathedral below.

Mike

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Feel free to come play at Bellavista, they got a game Monday and Wednesday nights at 8pm and Saturdays at 2pm. It would be nice to have a pro at the table.

Anonymous said...

A good picture in which you are on the top of the tower.Now you are planning to move to Vegas for next world series of poker. It would be great fun because everyone is waiting for 30th may with lot of excitement. I also Play poker online and i wish you good luck.