Monday, December 04, 2006

I win a poker tournament!

Finally! It took two outers on the river, winning all-in preflop with several dominated hands, and not tilting when my super passive opponents kept picking up monsters at all the wrong times for me, but I managed to luckbox my way to victory in the 3pm $18 rebuy (20K guaranteed) on Doyle's Room, for $8K. It was a relief to finally win something fairly big. I've had a lot of close calls lately (including a 4th in the 20 rebuy on Stars Friday night) so finally getting over the hump feels good. Not much luck in my other tournaments on the day though. I managed one small cash in the $163 tournament on Full Tilt, but got shutout everywhere else. Anways, it's definitely nice to make money on a Sunday for a change, I'm going to try to make a habit of it. I'm too tired to go into any details or talk about much strategy today, other than that I actually cut back on the resteals slightly today in marginal spots and I think that helps a bit, though it's obviously something that can't be analyzed just by looking at the reults of a few hands. Good night!

Mike

4 comments:

DrTyore said...

Congrats Watts!

But I mean, anyone can take an online game, where's the Bristol title?

Mark

Mike said...

Well if you count Jour de Poker... I guess I'll just have to win the TOC.

DrTyore said...

See you there then!

You in this one?

Mark

Jason statham said...

Your work article, blogs I mean over all contents is must read stuff. poker online terpercaya